HARRY POTTER HISTORY MEME: three historical wizards [2/3] → Gellert GrindelwaldGellert Grindelwald (c. 1882-1998) was considered one of the most powerful Dark Wizards of all time, second only to Tom Marvolo Riddle. He was educated at the Durmstrang Institute, a school famous for its tolerance of the Dark Arts. In 1945, at the height of his powers, he was confronted by his old friend, Albus Dumbledore, and defeated in a legendary duel. He was incarcerated at Nurmengard Prison until his death at the hands of Lord Voldemort fifty-three years later.
dress fashion has come a long way since 2008
so have I
Three winners this time!
Seeing as the last giveaway went wonderfully I decided to throw another one with more binders up for grabs. I know a lot of people need these and I feel like it’s a extremely important to help however I can, I know there’s a lot of suspicion concerning these binders however!
As somebody who uses one on a frequently basis I haven’t experienced anything from any of the rumours I’ve heard. They’re absolutely fantastic and it helps that they’re cheap. At the end of this post I’ll put links to binder safety as well as a reminder that please if you enter it’s in centimetres not inches. Blah blah blah boring boring Hebah’s being a nerd anyway lets get to the rules and such ಥ⌣ಥ
- Must be following me (I will be checking!!!)
- Reblogs and likes count as entry and you can reblog as many times as you wish, but remember to be kind to your followers!
- Giveaway blogs aren’t particularly favourable I’m afraid
- Shipping available everywhere just as long as you’re comfortable giving me your address
- End date will be the 3rd of October (NZ timezone)
- If you win you must respond within 48 hours
- Annnd of course this has to get a decent amount of notes!
*~*What’s up for grabs*~*
- A binder in black, grey or white by whatwears
- Anything under $35 from HOME FOR THE WEEKEND
- x2 0.05 inch Marimo!!! Honestly I own a couple of these lil pals and I love them to bits if you want any extra information about them I’d happily help you out!
- Mineral Stone gravel (example link) from this store! Under $6 NZD for either your Marimo or for simple decoration!
- Any Perfume bar by Tony Moly
Remember everything I end up buying is in NZD so do keep that in mind!
Second and Third Place:
- A binder in black, grey or white by whatwears
- x2 0.05 inch Marimo as well because lets face it everybody should have marimo
- Any perfume bar by Tony Moly
I’m going to try and make this a every couple of month sort of thing so the offer will continue to be there, I wish I could help out every person who needs a binder but of course that’s a bit impossible so I hope it’s be a help to whoever ends up getting these.
It’d be really fab as well if you could check out this post for HFTW. Andie has worked so hard on her store and it’d be awesome if anything could be contributed for the kickstarter so make sure to send her heaps and heaps of support and if we can get that post circulating that would be really, really cool!
The winner will be chosen through randomiser and good luck!! Hope you all have a wonderful time and good luck!!
(Safety and extra binder info under the cut)
The little things and moments that didn’t make it to the Harry Potter movies:
- the Giant Squid
- the Hogwarts kitchens
- Harry’s watch
- treacle tart
- "OI! There’s a war going on here!"
- Firenze as Divination teacher
- meeting Neville and his parents at St. Mungo’s
- "I don’t think you’re a waste of space."
- Ron being attacked in the Brain Room in the Ministry of Magic
- THE GIANT SQUID
- Harry meeting the Sphinx in the maze
- the potions riddle Hermione answered
- Roonil Wazlib
- the fact that Rita Skeeter’s an Animagus
- Harry repairing his wand and putting back the Elder Wand in Dumbledore’s tomb
- Peter’s silver hand killing himself
- THE FRICKIN GIANT SQUID
Parineeti Chopra responds to a male reporter who claims to know nothing about periods (menstrual cycle). [X]
I started my period when I was 10 years old. But we didn’t tell my grandma for three years because she subscribed to the “old traditions”, where a woman on her period could not enter the house, not even to bathe. Where she had to sit outside in front of the house (where the whole village could be witness to her shame and isolation) for the entire duration.
My friend started her period unexpectedly while we were at our local temple (in America) for dance class. Asking around if any of the parents had pads (all of them apologized and acted like adults about it), I thought surely the front office has a first aid kit. Don’t they have pads? When we asked, not only did they not have any, when one of the women gave one from her purse, the head secretary told us “There are men who need to use the first-aid kit, ya? So we don’t keep period things there.” Not even ibuprofen (which has so many more uses than period pain).
There are girls in India and Nepal (and other places, but I just read an in-depth piece about the situations in Nepal) who have to go to the “period hut” when their period comes and not leave until its over. They can’t wash and dry their cloth pads in the daylight, so they do it at night when the pads won’t dry properly before their next use, making them vulnerable to infection.
It is incredibly important, especially in India, to break the taboo surrounding periods. Break the secrecy around an event that happens to almost every woman, every month for literally half of her lifetime. Break the hiding, break the cover-up, break the SHAME.
Just break EVERYTHING. So little girls can go to school every day of every month without feeling ashamed. So women can work every day of every month to provide for their families without being glared at. So single fathers can confidently take care of their daughters’ health. So that women can talk about how terrible their period is or isn’t and give each other advice on how to deal with it without looking around to make sure men aren’t listening.
So that Whisper doesn’t have to be called Whisper, it can be called SHOUT. It can be called PROUD. So that we don’t NEED to fucking WHISPER about our bodies and our health.
The fact that most guys’ first response to a woman wanting equality is “SO CAN I HIT U NOW” is sort of terrifying
Like that’s the first thing you’re concerned about? I just want equal pay and you want to punch me in the face? Cool cool
finally the day has come to post this